Lakme is one of the oldest make-up brands. The good thing is that not only maintaining its quality, lakme has successfully coped up with the changing demands of customers and thus is still surviving the more than ever competition in make-up industry.
I have a hobby of trying different products and I mostly focus on newly launched ones. Lakme is already a well established brand and so I hardly buy anything from Lakme (there is less fun in experimenting with already known brands). But my mom has been using this Lakme Absolute Skin Natural Mousse Mattreal since long and seemed quite satisfied. I thought if it is actually good, I should also try and give you guys a detailed review.
It has a very unique and classy packaging. It comes in a spherical jar. The upper half of the sphere is the lid which is shinier and mirror like. The jar has an inner lid also. This jar comes in entirely black outer carton with white font.
There are no details of the composition and the packaging mentions only the minimal claims. I liked this; no unnecessary unrealistic claims.
Rs. 800 for 25 gram
The price is little towards higher side. Let’s see if it is worth or not.
- Lasts upto 16 hours
- Feather light texture
- SPF 8
- Mousse to powder finish
- For breathable natural skin
Few foundations are thick having cream like consistency, few have thin lotion like consistency. There are even powder foundations. But even after having finished doctorate in pharmaceutics and studying about all the types of formulations possible, I cannot describe the consistency of this product. It is neither a powder nor a cream, it is something in between. It is also a little spongy. And yes, it is extremely soft to touch.
Very very mild fragrance
Not all, but many foundations come with SPF these days. This foundation has SPF 8. So if we are wearing this foundation at night, SPF 8 is good (artificial lights too are damaging for skin and wearing a light SPF even at night is good). But if we are wearing this during the day and out in the sun, we will have to wear our regular sunscreen underneath; this foundation won’t serve the dual purpose. Anyway, not a problem.
Also, while buying for the first time, my mom was told at the shop that Lakme absolute mousse foundation serves the purpose of foundation, concealer, and compact powder, all. And my mom actually uses only this as base (she is not a make-up person anyway).
My Experience and Review
We have two shades of this foundation, Golden Medium and Ivory Fair (one for me and one for my mom). It comes in many shades. Choose your shade carefully.
In the image above, I have applied ‘Ivory Fair’ shade on the right half of the wrist. Hope you can clearly see the difference.
This I must say is a very good foundation. I am compiling my findings in following points:
- As I said it is not creamy, it is very dry and matte.
- It is true that you don’t need a compact powder over it. It is enough.
- It does NOT work as concealer. You will need concealer separately.
- For OILY SKIN, this is one of the BEST Foundations.
- For DRY SKIN, it is NOT at all suitable.
- It gives medium coverage.
- It is not at all cakey. However, as it is very dry, your skin may look flaky if it is dry.
- It is very light on skin.
- Just after application, it might feel a little whitish for some time, but then blends in.
- If the shade is exact match of your skin tone, you can wear it on regular basis also, as it won’t feel heavy or artificial.
- This is a very good foundation with good coverage; so even if your skin is not oily, you should still try it by mixing cream in it.
Water Resistance Test
I applied Lakme Absolute Matte Foundation on my hand and then poured water on it. At least 80 % of the product was still there (I tried clicking photos, but it was not very clearly visible).
So yes, it is water resistant.
- Super soft and velvety
- Good coverage
- Light on skin
- Good Water Resistance
- Good for Oily skin
- Not suitable for Dry skin
Does it fulfill its Claims: Yes, absolutely:
- Lasts up to 16 hours: Yes
- Feather light texture: Yes
- Mousse to powder finish: Absolutely
- For breathable natural skin: Breathable: yes; Natural: Depends upon your skin tone and the shade you choose.
It is a very GOOD Foundation. It is a worth buy.
Will I buy it again: Yes
Do I Recommend:
Yes. I recommend this to everyone except those having very dry skin.
If you found this article useful, please follow the Facebook page to stay connected and be notified of more useful articles in future.
Please connect on Instagram for daily updates and quick tips.
Stay tuned for more such detailed and honest reviews…